Choosing a library template for a scenario gives you a comprehensive list of typical work that's done in an organization, saving you from having to create it yourself.
Library templates can be applied to new scenarios and are essentially a pre-populated list of Function categories, functions, activities and roles.
These elements in a library template are can be allocated to both teams and individuals within Functionly.
Types of library templates
Currently, there are three library templates:
- Generic company: This template contains many generic functions most organizations need including Finance, Sales, Marketing and Governance.
- SaaS company: This template contains many generic functions most organizations need, as well as functions specific to a SaaS business, including Design, Engineering and Community.
- MSP company: This template contains many generic functions most organizations need, as well as functions specific to an MSP (Managed Service Provider) business, including Professional Services and User Support.
Figure 1: Example of the top level function categories and functions in a library template.
Customizing a library template
Library templates are completely customizable. You can disable function categories, functions and activities, rename them, change their description or add new ones.
The ability to customize the library template means you can tweak it to be the perfect fit for your organization - using your own naming taxonomy (e.g. you may use "customer success " instead of "account management"), removing functions you don't have or adding functions unique to you.
The easiest way to customize is using the global edit functions tool:
- In the Functions tab on the design tools pane (left hand side of screen), scroll to the bottom of the functions list and click the "edit functions" button.
- In this view, you can disable entire function categories by toggling the switch or disable individual functions by hovering over them, clicking the ellipses and selecting "disable function." (See image below)
- You can also add a function by choosing the "Add function" option.
For more detailed customization:
- Click on a function category heading (e.g. Infrastructure)
- From the Function category edit screen, you're able to:
- Rename the function category and functions by hovering over them and clicking when the blue pencil appears (indicating an editable field).
- Edit the function category description, function descriptions and activity descriptions by hovering over them and clicking when the blue pencil appears (indicating an editable field).
- Disable the entire function category by toggling the switch or disable individual functions and activities by hovering over them, clicking the ellipses and selecting "disable function."
- Add activities by clicking "Add activity" within a function.
- Add functions clicking "Add function" at the bottom of the functions list.